www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Its cold out there!

Default Its cold out there!

We got about four inches of snow, but with the high winds...Wow. I took this picture this morning, it looks like big rollers froze in time.

Its going to be ruff getting around on the ice.

Remember, keep your stick on the ice,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2543_1.JPG 
Views:	437 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	3940  
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

Default Re: It's cold out there!

Holy cow, where does the land end and the water start? Great pic, Tiny!

Lisa

Default Nice one, Tim!

Wind does some neat things with snow, doesn't it? I was planning on some skiing this weekend, but the weather kept me home. Hard to trust the 10-day forecast, but next weekend looks good so far. Not looking forward to seeing the end of the driveway.

Angry Looks cold

No, wind does not do neat things with snow! Just kidding, I kind of felt an obligation to disagree with Blue.

Awesome picture! Kind of makes me feel like we're a long ways away from open water.

Default Just to be disagreeable...

This should get your hopes up! Driving home from work the day before the blizzard, which was sunny and about 40 degrees, I actually saw a boat out fishing on the Mississippi.

Default Thanks gang!

I want to thank you for the reply's.

It was -25 actual temperature Saturday morning. We had high hopes to get out early for the fisheree. It got to about zero at noon so we headed out. Boy was it cold out on the Big Water, with nothing to break up the winds. We circled the trucks and put the shandy up for a wind break. Not to say the least, it was very slow. The kids caught the largest perch (12.5") and the smallmouth (16"). We stayed out after dark and did ice a few walleyes, but it was work picking up the tip-ups. Oh well, a end to another ice fishing for the eyes. Watch out pan fish!

Another day of Global Warming -18,
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

Like the pic.That's what it looked and felt like out there this weekend.Had a great time at the fisheree.Good company and a couple of FROSTY cold ones.
    Can't believe game fish season is over all ready.I have to agree with Tiny,LOOK OUT PANFISH!!As long as we have good ice might as well go fishin'.Can always cut wood later.