www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice Conditions??

Default Ice Conditions??

Wondering if anyone has any recent reports on ice depth on Mendota/area?? Guesses after all this warm weather/rain??? Wanted to make one last outing for game fish this season... THX

Exclamation ice

Creepers are a must right now ! the ice is still super nice - had at least 15 ''
    when i left in the rain at 2 yesterday. did i mention you need creepers , ice cleats , chains , studs . P.S . - This is not the place to try and get information like you would assume , people only read whats on here and never post.
    good luck , tracker29

Default ice conditions

yeah tracker is right, plenty of ice so don't worry about it. even the shoreline is still in good shape. obviously, stay away from anywhere with current (like pheasant branch creek). I would predict the ice still has at least a couple weeks left in it.

i'm giving it one last go for walleyes on Sunday though this late ice has always been really tough fishing for me out there.

Thx for the info... I mainly use/post for Northern WI, but i'll report how we do.

5. Default

I have been out a few times a week for a while. Last weeks thaw we went for 22" to 19" the past thaw not sure what 20" to 17" Not sure what all day rain yesterday has done?

Report: Delavan has be giving up alot of nice Bluegill and Crappies on the South end of the lake and off North Shore Drive and in the L.L.Marina. Dark colored jigs have been the best with spikes or plastic wedges in 8-20 ft.

The Madison Chain remains the best fishing lakes in the area for me with limits and good numbers of 8" plus Bluegills and some really nice crappies being caught. Dark colored Jigs and plastic wedges/spikes have been producing the best for me on Lakes Waubesa and Monona Bay. Our last trip found some decent perch action in the shallows. These perch are staging for the spawn and there should be more moving into these areas for a while. There still is alot of activity on Upper Mud Lake.

I have not had any time to get out on lake Mendota. But a recent drive around the lake found alot of anglers perching off Gov. Inland, and east out in the middle of the lake and near the four doors. There was a few anglers fishing Bluegills and Pike out in University Bay.

Fishingthrills
    Scott
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com

Default Mendota

Was out today for a few hours after pike in the University Bay/shoreline area....had 1 flag but no fish in the couple hours out.. Only saw 2 others out while I was there.