www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The same fish twice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fishing north west ontario with my father inlaw a couple of years back, he caught a nice pike and released it, at the same time i was reeling in, and the fish hit the red yarn trailer i tie on my spoons and then hit the spoon like crazy. Fishing up there is like no other.

Red, I have not but.....

I caught my biggest musky (52") in 2004 from Lake Nippissing. I released it and got a replica. It had 3 big, distinct scars on it's back up towards it's head. They were finger shaped...and I had Lax put them on the replica.

Fast forward to 2007. Fishing the same reef and a big fish comes up right at the boat. She caught me with my pants down, and I tried a lame figure 8 but I was sort of handcuffed. The fish turned and swam towards the back of the boat where my brother was just pulling his Bobbie out of the water.

We got a good look at this fish, and she had the same three scars on her back. Would have been pretty cool to catch her and compare measurements.

Red that is awsome you had rick put the scares on it? man, good call I am sure it looks great! he does a great job and is a great guy . for the other story about the fish caught three times I would keep that lure and throw it for musky,Its a hot one

my bad musky 52 I got the forums mixed it was directed for you about the scare

Cool same fish twice

This has happened to me twice. The first time I hooked a big, fat, 22" river brown trout on 4lb. line. I yanked so hard I broke the line. I caught him the very next cast with the broke off line and lure in one corner of his mouth and my other exact lure stuck in the other side of his mouth! Another time I was fishing a smallmouth tournament on the river. You were allowed live bait in it! I casted a shiner with my 4lb. mono onto a bed with a 4lb. 9oz. smallie laying on it. once again I yanked so hard I broke the line. I hurried and tied on another hook and grabbed a crayfish out of my bucket. I threw it on her bed and wham, she slammed it. She was worth $1750 for the lunker of the day prize and another $1000 for first place. It was a pretty good day!

Brian
    Last edited by muskie24/7; 02-28-2009 at 06:56 PM.