Thread: Spiderwire Braid Lines????

Default Spiderwire Braid Lines????

Hey Paul,
    I'm just curious if you used any of the Spiderwire Braided lines as I'm
    thinking about trying some out this summer. I was just curious how did it
    perform.

Summer - Mille Lacs; Winter - Clearwater, MN

Yes, I've used Stealth and Invisibraid.

Stealth is pretty good line - not great - but a good, reliable line at a pretty fair price.

Invisibraid is outstanding and will be the line I use in '09. Anyone who's fished with me knows I'm an advocate of white line, and I used a lot of Tuf Line Plus in the past. In the '08 season I spooled a reel with SpiderWire Invisibraid and loved it. By the end of the season I switched several more reels over to Invisibraid. It's a really tight weave and it's bone-dry. Without a doubt, this line has the least water pickup of any line I've ever used. The driest line I've ever used was a real joy in the fall, but it was even noticably better in the summer too. I never thought water pickup mattered a bit in the summer but I could really tell the difference if I was using a rod/reel spooled with Masterbraid or TufLine Plus and then switched to the Invisibraid. I guess dry hands is better all year long. Invisibraid is more expensive, though. I think it's a bit over $20 for a spool, and it's only a 125 yard spool

Anyway, this is a long-winded answer to a short question. Yes, I like Invisibraid and will use it in '09.
    Last edited by Paul Schlagel; 02-25-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Enduro Guide Service
    Paul Schlagel

Web Site: http://www.enduroguideservice.com

I used Invisibraid and liked it too. It was kind of stiff at first but got supple after an hour or two of use. It was tough stuff and seemed really abrasion resistant and it didn't ever fray by the leader.