www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2/20/09 Fishing Report

1. Default 2/20/09 Fishing Report

Ice fishing action on Geneva has been just O.K. with a few Bluegill and a Crappies being caught near Fontana Beach and in Geneva Bay. A few Northtern Pike have been caught on Med. Roaches around Williams Bay and Fontana of tip-ups.

Delavan has be giving up alot of nice Bluegill and Crappies on the south end of the lake and off North Shore Drive and in the Marina. Dark colored jigs have been the best with spikes or plastic wedges.

The Madison Chain remains the best fishing lakes in the area for me with limits and good numbers of 8" plus Bluegills and some really nice crappies being caught. Dark colored Jigs and plastic wedges/spikes have been producing the best for me on Lakes Waubesa and Monona Bay. Our last trip found some decent perch action in the shallows. These perch are staging for the spawn and there should be more moving into these areas for a while. There still is alot of activity on Upper Mud Lake.

I have not had any time to get out on lake Mendota. But a recent drive around the lake found alot of anglers perching off Gov. Inland, and east out in the middle of the lake and near the four doors. There was a few anglers fishing Bluegills and Pike out in University Bay.

With the recent warm spell near shore ice is show deteriation on all lakes and shoould be check before going out after the next warm-up coming next week. The ice on Lake Koshkonogo is melting pretty good from the recent warm spell and snow melt runoff it is dirty with the water moving thru. Anyone brave enought to be on it should us caution the thickness is good in areas and slim in others. Machines have fallen in in areas.
    Last edited by Fishing Thrills Guide Service; 02-21-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com