www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Indy Sports Show anyone?

Default Indy Sports Show anyone?

Just wondering if anyone else will be going to the show in Indy this weekend. I'll probably be there Saturday so Toad, go on Saturday, NOT Friday

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday with my wife and Sunday working the booth for the Hoosier Muskie Hunters. CAn't wait for it. The majority of the guys that come up are cool, but inevitably, you get quite a few guys that always say the same thing. "Youu gaays catchh dem raayt hearyin Inyana? Do theys taste good ta eat?" Usually half drunk and no bath either. I always tell them they taste awesome, but they are so tough that you really need to chew the meat for a while before you can swallow it, and that a mouthful of teeth really helps.

Man I was glad to see Throne Brothers again, I did find a few things I needed. Seems like they did not bring as much Muskie stuff this time. But still some neat stuff. And its hard to beat the buy 5 get the 6th free.
    Was also good to talk to the "Ice man". Looks like the boat people are willing to deal to move them. I did see I few I wish i could of brought home..LOL maybe next year.

I was disappointed. Thorne's barely brought any muskie stuff, the lady at the counter said it didn't sell very good last year. They only had a couple new things, and if you wanted to buy a spool of line, it was Tuf Line XP or nothing. The most useful thing I got from the show was the big bottle of Mend It. To those who haven't heard about this stuff it's for repairing plastic baits. It is not a glue, it causes some kind of chemical reaction that melts the plastic back together. No crusty spots and it will not rip in that spot again. I just spent an hour fixing all the tears in my bulldawgs and I'll NEVER use super glue again. This stuff is worth it's weight in gold for fixing plastics! It's not quite as fast as super glue, but it doesn't get crusty, and once it sets, you can hardly tell where the cut was. Everyone needs to try this stuff. I'm not much for glowing reviews, but this stuff is THAT good....

Ron how is it on your hands, you need gloves? If you are going to give a review make sure you put all the information you can that sucks to here about Thorn Brothers.....I guess they still do not get it!

Whatta ya mean "Do I need gloves?" Mend It isn't glue so it won't do anything to your hands. No more gluing my fingers together!! If there was a joke there, I don't get it, but why would that surprise anyone. I'm back to working nights now & while I don't like it, it IS nice to be able to take a pile of baits to work and get paid to sharpen hooks all night...
    And about Thorne Bros, well, let's just say I won't EVER miss another Muskie Show in Chicago again. They said there's just not enough demand at the Indy show for the muskie stuff. Probably cuz we all go to the REAL show....