www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boat Dealers In The Lake Marburg Area

Default Boat Dealers In The Lake Marburg Area

I live in Maryland and decided to start fishing southeastern PA for Muskies. I'm about 50 miles from Lake Marburg. Presently, I am fishing electric-only lakes (small lakes) and plan on getting a gas motor (I know that it must be 20 HP or below in some lakes) to fish in PA.

I've almost decided on which "kicker" motor to purchase (Honda, Yamaha or Merucury), but want to purchase the motor from a local dealer with good service. I passed a Honda dealer hear Hanover and a Yamaha/Mercury dealer near Lake Marburg. I want to purchase my motor from one of those dealers.

Considering that the motor is approximately the same price regardless of the manufacturer, I'm considering purchasing a motor from a dealer that offers the best service. Can you local guys give me some input on the service from those dealers? Thanks.

Bob S. is a Marburg junkie and frequents this site. Hopefully, he can help you when he sees this thread.

He just bought a new boat last year from that area.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Thanks. I met you at the Dillsburg VFD (the last two years) show and attended the seminars by you and Lee Snyder. I was the handsome bald-headed guy from Maryland with the other fellow (uglier than me) with glasses that asked a lot of questions. Both seminars were quite informative and as a result, my interest in fishing (espeicailly Muskies) the area was really stimulated. I visited lake Marburg and really like the place. Of course, PA has a lot more outdoor opportunites that my area.

In the area in which I live, (unfortunately) the Tiger Muskie (I've been fishing for them specifically since 1995) stocking has stopped due to the VHS scare. Our only other option locally is the Potomac for Naturals. It is a GREAT fishery with some big Muskies being taken. Not really a "secret," but most guys are closed mouthed about it. My boat is fiberglass (Carolina Skiff set up for lakes), thus I fish lakes and my boat is set up for it.

Your website provides a great service to all of us. Keep up the good work. Great job! I hope that I will have something to add on occasion that will be of interest to others.
    Last edited by Muskiekid; 02-19-2009 at 11:22 AM.

Tom, right?? We both could keep Rogaine in buisness during this economic downturn!

Glad you enjoy the site and hopefully you can add some info sometime.

Too bad about the VHS down your way. We have dodged that bullet so far but it could happen anytime. We have a decent amount of natural reproduction here on the river but without the additional stocking, our fishery would be nowhere near what it currently is.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 02-19-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Yep - Tom's my name. Keep up the good work.