www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Culture for us "ice guys"

Default Culture for us "ice guys"

Here's an event I want to mention...

Bundle up the wife and kids and come on over to the High School this coming Friday evening. The Headwaters Council for the Performing Arts is again bringing the stage show "Guys On Ice" to the NPHS auditorium.

Here's a brief description and ticket info...

"Back by popular demand HCPA is presenting the hiliarious musical, GUYS ON ICE. In northern Wisconsin, the land of frozen toes and wind-blown faces, Lloyd and Marvin brave the cold to find companionship and good fishing while enjoying the simple luxuries of a faithful fishing-pole, a warm snowmobile suit, and plenty of beer as they scramble to protect their “cold ones” from fellow angler Ernie the Moocher. “De Wishing Hole,” “Ode to a Snowmobile Suit,” and “De One Dat Got Away!” are some of the hits performed during this story about two Wisconsin anglers and their snagged lines in life and love."

Friday, February 13, 2009
    Doors open at 6 p.m. Show at 7:30 p.m.
    Reserved seats. $25/ticket
    http://www.hcpapresents.com/guysonice.htm
    HCPA Box Office

Tickets available at...
    The Flour Sack
    348 W. Pine Street
    Eagle River, WI 54521
    715-479-7249
    Monday-Friday 8:00 am-6:00 pm

I also believe tickets will be avalible at the door Friday evening... yes? Derek?

There may be tickets available at the door Friday night. But, to be on the safe side, your best bet is to purchase them in advance. I saw the show a few years ago when it was here in Eagle River and it was absolutely hilarious. These guys hit the target dead center by capturing the culture of the Wisconsin ice fisherman and life in the 'ole shanty. If you're an ice fisherman, this is a must see.
    If you need a place to stay, give me a call, or shoot me a message. I'll work out a lodging/ticket package for you.
    Wild Eagle Lodge
    Located on the Eagle River Chain of Lakes
    Web Site: WildEagleLodge.com
    E-mail: gm@wildeaglelodge.com
    Phone-715-479-3151
    Toll Free-877-945-3965

Guys:

I wouldn't mind a repeat performance as my mother bought the family tickets for this show in Madison 4 or 5 years ago. I will however be at the high school that night as Northland Pines plays basketball that night. You can see me on the floor in black & white stripes with the slightly balding crown.

Matt & Derek, I may try to get to the deal on Sunday with friends who want to ice fish that also have a friend playing the pond hockey tourney. Just trying to get an idea from them on the schedule that may need to be kept.

Mark

Default Great show

Had an absolutely great evening, best "social" night out in a long time. Even took the 5 week old grand-daughter and she was just an angel and slept through the show...

Any of you guys get a chance to go see this show, do it. They'll be up in Ironwood Saturday evening, after that, I don't know... they've been all over the state.

It's something a little different, good for a laugh, and a little culture never can hurt us ice guys. Thank you to the Milwaukee Repertory Theater, Headwaters Council for the Performing Arts, and everyone at the show.