www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thorne Bros. outting was a success!

Default Thorne Bros. outting was a success!

Because of the rain, out internet has been down the past couple of days.

Our outing !!

It started out on Friday with all of us going up to a remote lake for Lake Trout, we did fair, the numbers were down from previous, but we did land and released a 32 inch 12-14 lb trout, a think he was using a white tube. Great job Bill!! We also caught 3-4 smaller trout, and finished out the day fishing for trout on Crow, and caught a half a dozen more and missed at least a half a dozen at the hole. That at least gave us enough donated fish for our fish fry on Saturday night.

On Saturday we started out fishing on Crow Lake for trout we went east for a half a day we brought home eleven fish and lost at least six. We came in for a great hot lunch, and finished the day fishing for Crappies on Lake of the Woods most everyone did well, some did exceptionally well. We did so well a second day of Crappie fishing was not necessary. We then came in for a great fish dinner that Brett prepared he also made the homemade coleslaw, Robin made the homemade fries, there is nothing better than fresh cooked fish a few beers (quite a few) and great company. After a few struggled to wake up in the morning on Sunday everyone managed to fish a bonus half day with Brett and Robin. Everyone was able to take home a trout and crappies.

We would also like to thank Robin, Jake,and Paul for guiding.

I want to thank Thorne Bros.and Brett Erickson and you can go to their website at www.thornebros.com to find out what tackle and gear were used on this outing or call 763-572-3782 or email at info@thornebros.com.

I would also like to thank all of you that were our guests Scenic tackle, Jeremy, Paul, Jim, James, Mike, Dave, Shaun, Bill and Don. Thank you everyone for participating in our Thorne Bros. outing. Hopefully you learned a little bit, a few of you were interested in joining us next year.
    Muskie Bay Resort
    Paul & Chris Trinkner
    Web Site: http://www.muskiebayresort.com

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming this year. I really look forward to this trip every winter. The best lure for us this year was the white tube as usual. I really push using stingers with them also. Also zoom super fluke rigged on a mushroom head jig with a stinger did ok. For crappies small jigs such as ratsos or genz worms rigged with gulp maggots worked good. Minnows cut in half on a small jig are another favorite of mine too. I want to say thanks to Paul and Chris for the incredible meals and Brett also for coming up and enjoying a few fish and beers. I hope to see everyone next year and wish the best to all!!!

Robin
    Last edited by Robin; 02-12-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Default Wow

I would like to thank everyone involved up there. Not often you can go to a place that is as accommodating as Muskie Bay Resort. What a weekend!! It sure is not often you get sun burnt sitting on the ice like we did this past weekend. We had a fantastic time up there chasing both Trout and Crappie. Some of them crappie measured out at 13.5”. Just some real slabs.

For anyone who has always wanted to try Lake Trout fishing but do not really know how to do it or what is needed to catch these fish, I would highly suggest you look into the Throne Bro’s. event next year. Everything you need is all included in that event including housing, meals and top notch guides. Everybody involved in setting this event up will go out of their way to make your stay and fishing experience a memorable time. Just don’t forget your camera as the scenery surrounding that area is unbelievable.

Thank all of you for another great trip and just know we will be back.

Every year, the Outing just seems to get better and better! It was great to meet everyone who came up this year and finally meeting everyone from Scenic Tackle and Polaris. Been buying stuff from Scenic for years for our store and finally got to put faces to the name/people on the phones. Already looking forward to my next trip up to Muskie Bay! Lots more to report on the Outing. Keep checking back as there is a lot more info/photos/videos to come. Just takes some time to get it all loaded!!! Again, had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet all of the people who attended. Paul, Chris, Jake, Ashley and Robin really do a great job and really bust their butt to make sure we have a great time. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!
    Brett Erickson
    Thorne Bros Custom Rod & Tackle
    www.thornebros.com

Default Photos and Video from this past Thorne Bros. Outting

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/muskiebayresort/?action=view&current=MVI_2536.flv[/URL]
    Muskie Bay Resort
    Paul & Chris Trinkner
    Web Site: http://www.muskiebayresort.com

You can now check out more video footage at
    http://www.thornebros.com/messageboa...=4357#Post4357
    Thanks Matt for editing that for us!!!