www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Which would you choose......

Default Which would you choose......

Would you rather catch 50 muskies per season or only one 50+ inch fish each season??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I nailed this one............

50 fish that are 49.5".........................

I'd sooner get the numbers.

I expected you to say that since you already had your "fiddy", you would take the numbers! I was pretty close.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

I am going with the numbers...There are tons of quality fish that are not at the magical 50" mark. I have boated some real chunkers just shy of 50. And, it would be a very long season to only boat one fish. Now if we are talking a 55-60lb+ monster, I may have to think a little more about that.

im going with nummbers also. the reason is for results if i had to wait all season to catch one fish how do i know what i am doing is right.

Smile

One per year would be a long season.

What if you got lucky and got it the first outing....have to take up GOLF or something....underwater basket weavin'.........

Now that I already got 2 over 50" I would go for numbers. If I didnt I would have to think twice on that. I would go for one fish if it weighed 50lbs.

From a guiding perspective, I would have to go with the numbers if the majority were 39+ inches which they are.

If I were fishing alone, I would chase the biggest critters I could find on my home waters.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Still being new to the sport, I would have to go for the numbers. Catch me 10 or so years in and I might have a different perspective. However, I find these fish quite special, no matter what the size. I remember being at Cabela's in WV and could not stop watching that darn Musky in the tank. It was doing absolutely nothing at the time, just a VERY interesting entity!! Ok, now I'm getting all choked up!! LOL

Still being new to the sport, I would have to go for the numbers.
    Same here. Numbers at this time

I'm in with the rest on going for #s, it sucks getting getting skunked as often as I do already- I dont need more of that. LOL.

anything 40-49.99999 is AOK in my book

50 or one 50? Since the most I've caught in a season is 14 I'd have to go with the numbers... I think 50 fish in one year would be great. But if I can't get the numbers up then maybe I should just go for the Lunker? Just start using 20" carp on a quick strike every time.

any musky is a good musky. I love them of all sizes the marking and there sheer presence is great. the hunt for the top of the food chain I always say is what it is knowing that is the drive I will take them both how ever The River Gods see fit ......Herb