www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pike on the Fly video

Default Pike on the Fly video

Well Jay,

You wanted some boatside strikes for muskies but I do not think this will disappoint you.

Warning: Please wear a diaper before tuning in.........

http://www.hatches.tv/play.php?vid=371
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Darn it!! I can't watch it at work, gonna have to wait and watch at home!!!

Oh man, you were not kidding about the diaper!! LOL

You must be trying to kill me Red, showing me that stuff. I have been struggling so bad to get through the Winter and you throw that stuff at me?!?! LOL

I'm tellin you, as soon as I can get a boat on the water around here, I'm all over it. I know of a couple of lakes with good Pike populations and cannot wait to get after them. I hope that by the time the Musky start to get active, I'll at least have some experience in getting that hook set down!

I was really surprised at how shallow some of those fish were. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Jay

GREAT! now I have to get a fly pole......... that was insane! I think I have some old bass flies that may work but I don't have a pole..... and the madness continues.

Jacob

Jacob,

Just keep an eye on this board this year. If the Flyfishing thing doesn't go too well for me, you might see some fishing gear for sale!! LOL

Seriously, it was incredible to watch those fish just come right up and inhale those flies. AWESOME!! And, my first encounter with a Musky on the flyrod was using a bass-size surface bait(I was after smallies). That fish cut right through that 12# mono like nothing. When I raised the rod to set the hook, there was just nothing there, no pressure, nothing.

Jay