www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Daiwa Saltist

Default Daiwa Saltist

Anyone use a Daiwa Saltist hi speed reel? Is the weight and no level wind worth the difference in retrieve speed ? In other words, would I like it for my big bucktails? thanks

You can get a saltist with a levelwind. I was planning on getting one myself, just haven't decided which size.

Default saltist

was looking at bass pro catalog, the 30th seems to be the one for me but , i dont see a level wind in the picture.Maybe i will go to Daiwa web site and look em over. Was worried of all the extra weight also.

Default level wind

ok ,found a levelwind at fishfreakonline for $190 thays for the sttlw40ha, thanks for the levelwind info

I don't believe either Cabela's or Bass Pro has the levelwind Saltist yet. Cabela's will probably special order it-at least I'm planning on them ordering it because I have some points. I'm still debating on size though. I'm looking at either the 3O or 4O. The 4O has 47.2 inches of line pickup per handle turn. That will probably be too fast for a good chunk of the time I want to use it, though it will be nice when I want it. I'll probably end up flipping a coin on the day I order the reel.

Default saltist

The Best Deal Ive Found Is @ Jandh.com The Price Is As Good As Anyones And , They Give Free Line W The Reel And Shipping