www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Warm Up

Default Warm Up

After the freezing temps lately hopefully we can all get out this weekend and get some lines wet. I know i'm looking forward to it finally. Been a while and the withdrawals are killing me, lol. Need to catch some bait somewhere.

My friend told me he saw a guy off our boat ramp ice fishing on the river. I went down but he had left already. I could see his tracks and he walked out about 75 ft or more fishing in one of my good spots where the current breaks onto a flat. I imagine that the ice is surely thick enough but to take such a chance being it was on the river with that current underneath is just plain crazy !!

Forgot to mention the full moon is monday and with the front coming in should be a good time hopefully. You won't find me out on the ice though ;-)

i was going to spend the weekend at the butler show, have some friends down that way.i was going to stay with. now with the change in the whether im only going down Saturday, so i can hit the river sunday. cant wait to get out. hoping the eyes will be happy to see me.

Default Tionesta river

Is the river frozen in Tionesta, I'm sure the outflow is open just wondering if the river is? Was up around New Kensington last Saturday looked like it was frozen across.

Yes the river is frozen over. It's open from the outflow almost down to the golf course where it was really freezing up at the bridge.