www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Big River Musky Caught Recently

Default Big River Musky Caught Recently

I just opened the paper this morning to see one of my former Warren HS students holding a 49-inch musky he recently caught. The fish had an awesome girth. The photo was taken inside a building so it is safe to assume the fish was either eaten or heading to the taxidermist.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Default big muskie

Hey Red, Call that kid on the phone and congatulate him! And then preach some CPR to him! LOL

Brian

The CPR serman would not work with this particular guy........he has heard it all before because he was in my Outdoor Ed. class in the late 90's.

It's still a free country.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Hey Red, Outdoors Ed. Class? This is the first time I've ever heard of anything like that. What all did you do in that class?

Brian

Is this the same youngster that puts the hurtin' on the hammer handle pike?

It is all hearsay so I will elect to have a "no comment" on that one Toothy...

The Outdoor Ed. Class was a class I developed in the mid-90's to educate HS students on outdoor items such as: fish biology and fish identification, wildlife biology and conservation, involvement with both state agencies to help stock trout and incorporate better hunting techniques, overview of hunting/fishing laws and the reasoning of the laws, how to cast spinning/baitcasting reels, survivial skills for land and water in extreme conditions, etc.........we also had guest speakers come into the class as well as go with the PFBC 2 times per year to help stock local trout waters and then the big fishing trip at the end of the Spring Semester. We sold subs as our only fundraiser and used the money to buy food, tackle and bait so everyone could fish on Kinzua Creek.

After I left Warren, the teacher (who is now at Eisenhower HS) added the building of turkey feeders and many more items that I cannot remember off hand. Probably more stuff about waterfowl, since he is an avid duck hunter. I think the class is dead now due to staff changes within the school.

It was a nice class to have for students around here, especially. We have some very good hunters and fisherpeople coming from generations of families that have lived here their entire lives. There were even a few who went on to college and pursued careers in Wildlife Biology, Marine Biology and Conservation. The first year I only had about 30 students in one class and after 5 years I had 6 classes with 20-30 in each class.

One of those years, there was legislation that had been tabled in regards to the new Trophy Bass Laws at that time. After a lengthy discussion, the entire class decided how they wanted to vote so I got 106 addressed envelopes and mailed in their votes to the PFBC........believe it or not, there were only 108 votes in the entire state and we were responsible for 106 of them! In reality, our school passed a law that effected the entire state. JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT YOUR VOTE DOES COUNT.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress