www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing the Yough and the Allegheny Reservoir/River.

Default Fishing the Yough and the Allegheny Reservoir/River.

I was wondring if any out there has ever fished the Yough River or Yough Lake. I currently live in the Uniontown area. I fished the Outflow of the Yough and maybe a half dozen times on the Lake only catching small mouth and crappie. I hear there is some prime trout fishing down this was and the lake is not too bad for Walleye. Second question is, I am planning on taking a vacation this summer, maybe last week of July to the Allegheny Reservoir. Any reccomendation on camp sites and places to fish. I grew up in East Brady, PA and fished the river all my life but never been past Clarion.

Thanks

I would go to.....wcvb.com (Warren County Visitors Bureau) and follow the site until you land in rentals/cabins/lodging. That site will have some good info for accomodations. As for fishing there, follow your graph.........find bait fish and start trolling, if chasing muskies. Walleye is a little different story but nite fishing in mid-late summer is a pretty good gig.

Hopefully, other will provide some info but we can talk through PM's or by phone as the time draws near.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Red,

I talked with you about 2 months ago about setting up a Musky trip. The weather has taken a turn for the worse as far as river fishing. Let me know when you back at it and when would be a good time to go. How is March and April for Musky.

Last April was a very good month. We had very warm temps and we managed to find active fish during every trip out there. March can be pretty iffy in regards to air temps and the fish will still be in a winter holding pattern here on the river. Water temps will still be somewhere in the 30's unless this weather breaks sometime soon.

Either month is still a good time to hit the big fatties but if I had to choose, I would go with April over March.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Default Yough River

Hey Troop, I live right on the Yough River! Shoot me an email!
    youghstalker@hotmail.com

Brian Gilmore
    Last edited by muskie24/7; 02-05-2009 at 08:22 AM.