www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: How's the spillway looking

Default How's the spillway looking

I was thinking about heading down to the spillway this weekend to try my luck. Anyone have any news/reports?

Default spillway

In case anyone is wondering, went after work on Friday and it was really crowded. I was the only one I could see fishing muskies, the rest were walleye fisherman. Had to fish under the bridge because of all the people. I was there for only about 2 hours and had no action.

Smile LSMC Welcomes new president

For all of the muskie hunters in Central Illinois, Jim Ozee, from Dorans ,Illinois is now the New President of the LSMC. Jim is one of the better anglers in the club, and knows the lake very well. He is very active with the IMTT, as Historian and enjoys fishing the spillway when he can. He has been with the LSMC, From the beginning -OcT 2000, and I know that he will continue with the Goal of the LSMC,which is ,"To share information on; muskie fishing,stocking,habitat, work with the Corp, and the IDNR. To promote good sportsmanship, and Educate the Public on the catch and release of these stocked muskies, so more people can enjoy catching the in the future".

Good luck Jim Kevin McGILL

Wink Are You Ready For 2009

Those two warming trends, got the itch going, and from a few reports, the lake is open,but has the nice spring color of ,DIRT. Now I have always heard from the anglers up north, that Ice out Muskie fishing is good. Shelbyville water is a big difference, due to field run -off. What would be your start off temperature? Are you one to wait for that 50 degree mark. Or are you ready and willing to start right now..............