I'm all for it.

It's never too soon to talk about stuff like this. Nowadays, with me being the family man now and having kids in the picture...planning a ways in advance is really about the only way I can accomplish things. It's all about planning and communication with the better half to have a "plan" in the works that works for her and I and for the kids so that there are no surprises.

With the decent amounts of ice up at the lakes right now and with the Classic in May...it'll be interesting to see when we see open water again up there. Obviously..it won't take until May to melt off..but...we won't see open water up there for some time yet. It'll easily be mid-March (or later?) unless we get some massive heat waves that come rolling through. Which...being this is Indiana...certainly could happen.

I was up on Winona and Wawasee just two weeks ago, ice fishing and the thinnest ice I found was 10 inches thick and some of the thickest I found to drill through was 12 inches thick. So...if that gives you and idea.

But yeah...let's see if we can gather some interest and get the crew back together. I'll see if I can get my usual boat crew together, like old times. We're all married with kids now...so...again...back to the whole planning in advance thing would help wonders for all of us, if at all possible.

Oh...and...I do still check in here on this board, from time to time.