www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Icebreaker like old times?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I know everyone's anxious to throw a date out there. But...right now...trying to throw a date out there that will:

1) Work for everyone (which is next to impossible)
    and
    2) be a date that will have softwater, but not tying in to close to other scheduled/planned outings/tourneys, is going to be tough.

Right now, this far out...it's going to be like throwing a dart at a dart board blindfolded.

There's easily 14 inches of ice on those Barbee and Webster waters, much the same as Bruce.

Yes...this weekend and next week's temps and rain will help some...but..there's a lot of snow pack on top of that ice and that snow will have to melt first before the ice starts to diminish.

As of right now...from what I learned last night...the 21st of March doesn't work for me either.

Again..this will have to be a date that will just have to be set and whoever can make it...great. Those that can't. Bummer.

I still think we should wait a while longer before bothering to throw out a date though. That's just my $.02 cents. I think we need to see what this month of Feb is going to offer up in the way of weather. Maybe wait till the end of this month to throw out dates.

Too much is unknown right now. This is one event that is determined nearly 100% by weather and ice conditions/open water conditions.

We've got time to relax on this yet...
    Last edited by MACK; 02-06-2009 at 09:59 AM.