www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Icebreaker like old times?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm all in! I was actually thinking about posting this too. We need to have a good old fashioned Icebreaker! The last 3 years we've had open water on March 21st or 22nd. I'd put a vote in vote in for March 28th, but no later than April 4th (sorry PGA It IS an Icebreaker, let's go as early as we can but you all pick a date, I'll be there & I'm sure Shawn will too.... WOOHOO!!

I can make that work also

So far...I'm thinking either dates would work. I'll be really curious as to when the lakes open up though, first and foremost.

There's going to be some warm weather and rain moving in this weekend and next week...but...it's only the beginning of Feb. And knowing how our seasons seem to have shifted....we're still prone to receiving another cold snap and winter-like temps and weather...so....who knows.

Time will tell. We'll just have to try and do the best we can to pick a date and hope it works....and/or....be able to jump when the opportunity presents itself...

I'm out on the 21st unfortunately, so if there is another time that would be better for me, but I don't want to throw the game off for everyone else. I was thinking first weekend in april would be good, but like I said, someone always can't make it, so don't pick it based on me alone.

Last week we had 14 inch's of ice on Bruce so I wonder what Webster and Barbee have. Talking to a guy this is the most he has seen in 10 years....So much for global warming.....So I am not sure how long before these lakes open up...This week will help but this will take a while. Off to Costa Rica for a week on Sunday so set a date and we can make it work. I love the Barbee Idea and if they do have a Bass Event we could always do Tippy since they have that Food place now...

I know everyone's anxious to throw a date out there. But...right now...trying to throw a date out there that will:

1) Work for everyone (which is next to impossible)
    and
    2) be a date that will have softwater, but not tying in to close to other scheduled/planned outings/tourneys, is going to be tough.

Right now, this far out...it's going to be like throwing a dart at a dart board blindfolded.

There's easily 14 inches of ice on those Barbee and Webster waters, much the same as Bruce.

Yes...this weekend and next week's temps and rain will help some...but..there's a lot of snow pack on top of that ice and that snow will have to melt first before the ice starts to diminish.

As of right now...from what I learned last night...the 21st of March doesn't work for me either.

Again..this will have to be a date that will just have to be set and whoever can make it...great. Those that can't. Bummer.

I still think we should wait a while longer before bothering to throw out a date though. That's just my $.02 cents. I think we need to see what this month of Feb is going to offer up in the way of weather. Maybe wait till the end of this month to throw out dates.

Too much is unknown right now. This is one event that is determined nearly 100% by weather and ice conditions/open water conditions.

We've got time to relax on this yet...
    Last edited by MACK; 02-06-2009 at 09:59 AM.