Scott, great catch! You're right on in your assessment that the fish are almost everywhere — shallow, deep and everywhere in between. Also right on in getting away from the crowds. I watch them on the camera and sometimes they go flying away when a truck is rumbling by. We've done well in 20-30 fow from Little Sturgeon Bay to Sugar Creek, but I know guys doing well in very shallow water farther south and farther east, and some doing well in 40+ feet while concentrating on perch. We've done well on size 2 Swedish Pimples, jigging Raps, 1/16-ounce Flash spoons, plain hooks and "crappie jigs" all tipped with minnow pieces and/or waxies. You're right on the concentration part ... I've been outfished often by guys who are really into it while I'm carrying on a conversation or looking around at a guy chasing a tip-up, etc. Perch should get good later in the month for sure. And, I'm looking forward to the colder weather later in the week. It's getting sloppy out there but once it hardens again should be pretty nice. Stay safe and let me know if you want to get out for a perch story later on.