www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: If you could choose anyone........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doug Stange? Really?

Lee Tauchen without a doubt. Jason Hamernick and Joe Bucher would round out my top three. I'll post my real list of who I'll share the boat with when I win the lottery.

That's a tough question. I would like to fish with all the great fisherman listed above. I am sure they all do things a little differant than each other, and I'm sure they have a niche where they excell. The learning possabilities would be endless.

i'm gonna have to go with tanner wildes since i'm a river guy

I would also choose to fish with Mike Lazarus. He's the man as far as numbers of big fish go and it's like he's got some type of sixth sense or something. You just don't hear much about it and that's the way he wants it. I am surprised to see him on Musky Hunter and in the magazine now. That must have taken some serious convincing on Saric's part. I had a chance to go out with him through a freind that had a trip booked, but I decided not to go. I've heard that he and Marc are very protective of the waters they fish and certainly would not ever want to see you back where you fished with them. I figured someday I'll just try those areas on my own, but even that will most likely ruffle some feathers at the very least, from what I've heard.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I've heard that he and Marc are very protective of the waters they fish and certainly would not ever want to see you back where you fished with them. I figured someday I'll just try those areas on my own, but even that will most likely ruffle some feathers at the very least, from what I've heard.
    I certainly understand not showing a client ALL the good spots, off the bat. I have been guided by a person who became a good friend, almost family member, and have been going on trips with him for 11 years, and he STILL hasn't shown me all of them, but he doesn't get bent out of shape if I hit one of them when I am not with him.

Last I checked the water belonged to ALL OF US, and pin heads who try and claim they "own" a certain section or body of water really ruffle my feathers.

You pay good money to a guide to learn 3 things:

1. Where to fish.
    2. What techniques to use on that body of water to be successful.
    3. How to refine those techniques to become more successful.

Given what you said about those guys I wouldn't go out with them no matter how good they are.

Give me my buddy and Red any day over them.

Just my humble opinion.

I fished with Marc during the summer of 2007. He had no problem at all if we wanted to go back to the spots he took us. He just didn't want us (brother, dad, and I) to share the information on the internet for all to see. From what I understand, it's the locals (not guides) that have a problem with non-locals fishing the area. I've read on other boards that vehicles with non-local plates parked at launches have a tendency to get vandalized. Marc did have a problem the second day with locals trying to follow him around on the water.

Tony

Man, hearing some of this stuff is quite disturbing. I've already had a run in this year with someone "tampering" with my boat while I was on a fishing trip. It had me pissed off for weeks afterward and I still get fired up just thinkin about it.

Even with Musky action over the weekend, one of the highlights was seeing a Golden Eagle (at least I'm 99% sure) while on the lake. Man, if I start losing the enjoyment of just being out there and in the chase for fish, I might as well just be at work. LOL