www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: This is THE place to go !!

Default This is THE place to go !!

Did you just get done going to an Outdoor show or two and trying to figure out where to go? Maybe this will help.

If you are searching for “the” Canada fishing trip for you, this is the place. There are four of us that go to Canada every year on a fishing trip. We have been to other places and none come close to what you get at Andy Myers Lodge with Steve Herbeck and his crew. As his video about the camp says “they are a fishing camp” and you will have that feeling through your whole stay there. Every member of his staff are top notch in what they do and go out of there way to make sure you catch fish. I have been to other camps that when you hear of people catching fish and you ask them where they were fishing and what they were using they will not tell you or help you. They act like you are asking for top secret information about the President. That is not the case at Andy Myers. Steve’s crew is always willing to help you in any way possible to make sure you catch fish and enjoy your stay. They are always willing to tell you were to go and what to use to help your chances catch fish.

As for the fishery…it can not be beat. The musky that are in Eagle Lake are the “fish of a lifetime” that you are looking for. With the knowledge that Steve’s guys have you have great odds in getting your chance at your monster fish. For example, I personally got the chance twice last year at two 50”+ fish. They put me in the right spot using the right bait and I got to set the hook on two of those monster fish. I say “set the hook” because the rest I say wasn’t meant to be and there are no pictures. But the opportunity presented itself twice for me. I say that getting that chance and seeing that quality of fish is all part of the fun anyway.

Now walleye fishing is just hard to believe as well. The quality of walleye in Eagle are second to none. The amount of fish that you can catch in one day sometimes sounds too much like a “fish story”. There is no exaggeration that you can have 75-100 fish days on eagle. Steve’s son Danny is probably one of the best at finding you the walleye that you have always been looking for. There were days last year that Danny put us on walleye that were just amazing. We caught so many walleye between 27-31” that when someone caught a regular eater walleye they tried to hide it so no one saw the size of it. Usually the 27-31” fish are the unusual ones, but not this day and not with Danny. We came home last year and I told friends about the trip and they all thought I was telling fish stories.

No story or exaggeration… the fishing on Eagle Lake and the treatment you get from the staff is what you are looking for. Coming from someone that has been to other places and fished other waters pick ANDY MYERS LODGE for your Canadian fishing adventure. You will not be sorry.

Default Herbie

Thanks Much For The Compliments Scott.
    Almost Put A Tear In My Eye.
    People Like You Guys Is What Makes All The Hard Work Worthwhile.
    Looking Forward To Spending Time With You And That Grumpy Ole Man Of Your's Again This Season!!!
    Say Hi To All For Me.
    Herbie
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Default Place to go?

I guess it was about 4 years ago when I went to the All Canada show and spent the whole day collecting pamphlets, talking to owners, guides, and trying to figure out where I was going to go for that once in a lifetime trip. I decided on Eagle lake because of its reputation, and recommendations from several friends. I looked really hard at a couple other resorts, and finally decided to try Andy Myers Lodge. It was supposed to be one time deal.

I made my reservations for the next year before I even left. One time deal, eh? Yeah, I'll be back every year as long as I am able. I don't see a reason to even try any other resorts. Lots of guys do. Then they come back.

The food, the staff, the guides, all top notch. I've fished with a lot of guides, man, but these guys are different. They're not just out there doing their jobs. It's teamwork out there on the water, and that's not something I've gotten from a lot of other guides. They CARE if you catch fish.

We were working a big fish last year and had some weather blow in -- wind kicked up, few bands of rain, waves pounding onto the spot. Decided to give her one more chance. I looked back at Scott as he was sitting there running the boat, and I said "you're not fishin'?? Come on, she's right here, let's get her!"

I think what he said was "no way. I'm not even throwing a cast. YOU'RE catching that fish or nobody is. I'm just going to sit here and run the boat."

We argued a bit, because at that point I didn't care who caught her, but he wouldn't do it. How many guides, in a situation like that, put their rod down and flat out refuse to fish? Even the fish that all I did was net them, it really felt like WE worked to get those fish.

I can honestly say that other than a few tough days of fishing, there is not ONE thing I've experienced at Andy Myers Lodge that I was dissapointed in. Steve treats everyone like family, and it makes coming to AML feel like home. The caliber of fish on Eagle is something you have to see to believe.

You mentioned walleyes?? 29.5" and a 30" about 10 minutes apart, and I'm not even a walleye guy. Personal best muskie 2 years in a row, numerous chances at big fish, great fun with a great bunch of people.

I tell anybody who will listen that you can't go wrong choosing Andy Myers Lodge. Seems kind of silly talking about it here, preaching to the choir and all. But you guys get what I mean when I say "why go anywhere else?"

Jeff