www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Kinkaid in February?

Default Kinkaid in February?

Guys,

I am going to be heading to Kinkaid this February a few times (I don't live but 1 hour away) am very new to muskie fishing and was wondering if anyone could straighten me out on which lures/colors are hot there that time of year?

I have taken a look online and being that they are pricey, thought if I had a decent expectation on what they might be biting on I might save myself some money out of the gate!

Thanks in advance!!

Hey Mike,

February can be a pretty iffy month with the weather. Right now most of the lake is frozen, so it will take awhile to get warm. Unless there is much of a warm up, even after the ice melts you may be reduced to trolling. However, if we do get some stable warm weather for awhile in February, that can push fish shallow enough to cast for them.

We do best downsizing when we first start casting for them. Small gliders, small twitchbaits, rattle traps, small spinnerbaits, and the smaller Killer Eel seems to be the best baits for us in the early season for casting.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Default Feb

Chad,

Got my check in the mail to you today! I'm looking forward to it on the 25th of Feb. I'm getting anxious after watching some youtube clips on Kinkaid muskie and was thinking about heading over there a couple times early when the wind is keeping me from crappie/walleye fishing.

People aren't kiddin' when they say muskie baits are pricey!!!!

How do swimbaits like
    do in the spring?