www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Winter vs. Spring

Default Winter vs. Spring

Which of these 2 time frames do you guys enjoy fishing the most?? It does not matter which species you are chasing either.........
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I enjoy winter but I am not happy with it right now..... ALL my water is frozen now I can't wait for spring.... I'm torn.

Jacob

I really love fishing the River in November and December. Casting is still possible most of the time with the choice of trolling, if necessary.......BUT after getting pounded with 5-6 months of serious Winter, it sure makes me smile when April/May finally roll around. Longer daylight and actually seeing the green grass is a nice change of pace.

I will go with Winter fishing, since we usually have open water through mid-February.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

id have to say im more partial to spring.

I only have a year under my belt so far, so my preference is a bit skewed. As of now, I am big time into the Spring action for Musky. However, I have a strong feeling that once I learn more about the Juniata River near me, that may change.

Red,

I seriously forgot about green grass... I'm not even kidding. Winter is getting on my nerves..... how sad is it that I get out my lures and "play" with them, rearrange them make sure I like where my release tools are, make sure the hooks have not dulled in 3 days.....

Jacob

Yesterday we drove over the upper allegheny on 219N and from the bridge you could only see a 5 feet by 40 feet long area that was open in a current area, I looked at the wife and said.....that's enough to CAST!!!!

I like the winter myself, I have a hard time getting many fish in the river early on in the spring. I did have a fun spring on other waters this last spring. I guess you have to be willing to do whatever is needed for action or do lots more homework on the river. It sure take a long time for the water to warm but cool water is a blessing later on.

I like winter.

i would have to say winter also. my river seems to be a better bite for the fat submarines!

Which river are you fishing??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Fall and winter by far is what i like the best.