www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice conditions Esky river mouth?

Thumbs up Ice conditions Esky river mouth?

Is there anybody out there that's been fishing the mouth? Just wondering how the ice is and if there has been any fishing success in that area? Looks like we're coming down on Tuesday. Any info would be great. Or is anybody having any luck by the Terrace? Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!!

Default Esky Mouth - Busy Ghost Town

For All the shanties sitting there and the trucks driving out on the ice you would think it was a hotspot. Not so. I spent six hours there this morning from before sunrise to about 1 p.m. without landing a fish. I used (not in order) Chubby Darter, Swedish Pimple, Nils Master, Jigging Rapala in #3,5,&7, Mepps Aglia Spinner, Mepps Spoon, Do-Jigger, CJS Rocker Spoon, Buckshot Rattle Spoon, some tipped with shiners, others bare, in Pink, glow green, perch, blue prism, goby color, gold, copper, hot orange, glow chartreuse, and more.

Two of us fished and changed lures at five to fifteen minute intervals and used every jigging action from hard rips to soft persuasion. In all, we had light hits from maybe six fish, but did not get a solid hookset into any of them. The entire time, we each had slip float rigs down with lively shiners while we experimented with second rods. We changed depths on the float rigs frequently and ran a flasher locator constantly. We marked very few fish. This morning was just one of those times when the bite in that area was slow. We talked to others when we left and mostly heard the same complaint from them.

Smile Esky River mouth

raywriter

Thanks for the report. Now you've got me thinking about where to go, have fished there in the past and have seen some real hawgs on the camera but have never caught one. Every time there somebody tells me should've been here yesterday. Anyway thanks for the help.

10# Hunter

I pretty much had the same results tonight. Got out about 2:30, marked two fish right away, one hit. After that nothing, didn't see another fish. Alot of traffic from 3-5:30, so my expectations weren't very high.

Default Esky mouth

veese_2001

Thanks for the report also, I'm wondering if maybe during the week there won't be as much traffic? Still pondering where to go.
    Thanks again!!!

10# Hunter