www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: C C lake

Default C C lake

Went by the lake today to look around and as might think it's about half or more frozen. Lots of hard water by the bridge and also quite a bit up by the North pool ramp. There are places it's open but lots of ice most of the places I went to look.
    Mason

I was hoping you were going to say docks were in and the water was in the upper 60's. I'm sick of winter all ready.

Jarrod

I went to norris lake this weekend and caught my first Striper.
    Let Em Go To Grow

Nice fish David, Stripers are a great fish to catch and are good to eat as well, used to go to my brothers place on Lake Murry down in S.C. and fish for um. Also have been talking with some of the guys about going to Melton Hill Lake and trying for some of those Tenn. Muskies. Was you in the lake or the river below?
    Mason

Unhappy

The lake is sheet of ice now saw no open water yesterday when I went over to look at the lake. So much for global warming.
    Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    The lake is sheet of ice now saw no open water yesterday when I went over to look at the lake. So much for global warming.
    Could be worse. Wasn't it about 12' above summer pool about 11 months ago?

For sure it was CG but at least I was fishing and those fish still gota eat. don't want the flooding but it would be nice to be fishing
    Mason

ha ha. I gotta believe a short wait and proper water level is more conducive to "catching" than no wait and a flooded lake. If you're dieing to wet a line I would imagine there is open water below the dam.

Smile

We was catching fish in March last year and Tom got his New years day fish this year. You can't catch them if you ain't out there, I myself sucked last Spring, but I made up for it. And I sure do fish below the dam, mostly for Saugeyes. Can't get down there now State has the gate across the road. Big steep hill snow & ice on the road. They seem to think people might end up in the creek.
    Mason