www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Crazy Week

Default Crazy Week

Well, this sure has been one heck of a week. Of course the focus of most of the excitement was the Tri Esox Musky Show in Chicago. Despite some unexpected snow that hammered the area for two days straight, musky nuts showed up in good numbers to attend the seminars and visit the many booths in the hall at Harper College in Palatine. It was great to see a bunch of friends and also listeners of the RFRG radio show. I was quite busy this year as I had the additional duties of introducing the seminar speakers on Sunday and also hosting the poolside lure demos. I have to admit it was a bit of a challenge to make sure each demonstrator got enough time to not only show off their lures but also talk about them before moving on to the next guy. Fortunately there were no mishaps despite a couple lures hitting the pool deck and one getting hung on the pool ladder. A couple of baits caught my attention including the new Krisco lure from Llungen which is a nice 10" medium depth jointed crankbait. I got pretty excited about the Hypnotizer Junior from Musky Safari. This is a pretty compact bucktail featuring flashabou skirt and Safaris exclusive ripple blades. There were several other baits worth noticing and maybe Matt and I will touch on that a bit on this weeks show. It was fun to have Matt around this weekend as he made it down to the big city for his first musky show in many years. I've got a new nickname as a result of his travel experience and I'll let you tell him about it.
    I took one day off after the show to visit my Dad, son Chris and a quick cup of coffee with old band buddy Spats Studebaker before heading on the road to get back north. So, now things should resume to a somewhat normal life for a few weeks until the Milwaukee Muskie Expo. Then we get to do it all over again.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default Musky Show @ Harper

Pistol "Pete",
    Sorry I missed you at the show. I walked by and you were chatting with someone. I came back and I didn't see you. I wanted to stop by and thank you again for the Musky 411 and pep talk to convince us to come up for the fall trip. It resulted in 3 muskies and fun had by all. Pete you are truly an honest straight shooter and I look forward to a musky hunt with you some time up north... Once you let us in on the secret musky lake that you don't tell anyone about

Cheers,
    John

Good to see ya back, Pete!

Guys:

Kind of been looking for the last radio show, haven't seen it yet... Here's my fishing report, Not so good, but not so bad!!! Ice travel good, Can only get better!!!

Mark

ahhhh.... I just got the show from the 18th on, I feel so much better from hearing the RFRG radio!!!

Mark