www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky/Pike Regulation Changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Musky/Pike Regulation Changes

For the sake of some friendly bantering, what changes to the current PA Muskellunge/Northern Pike Regulations would you like to see made (if any)??
    Last edited by Red Childress; 01-14-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

i just started musky fishing and i think the regs are fine the way they are. if i had to i would suggest a larger size most musky i hear of being keep are in the high 40s so why not move the size up around 45in or so.

i was talking to a guy at work that said his son in law harvested a 48in musky from the tail waters on the 31st of December. don't remember the weight he said. he was jigging emerald shiners.

This is not about Muskie... But I would like to see maybe a 30" 1 fish limit on pike. It seems that the larger pike on the river are not as prevalent as they were a couple years ago. I know there are some fellows that are taking barely legal pike home for the skillet and it is their right, but...

I will change the thread question to include pike too...........close enough for me since they are cousins. Even "inbred" cousins at that........
    Last edited by Red Childress; 01-14-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I would like to see a $10 Musky Stamp. This is only needed if you want to keep them. I wouldn't mind seeing the size limit for skis at 45" and Pike 30" 1 fish limits. Catch and release only during spawning months.

and the proceeds from the stamp would go to.....??

wisco and ohio are nearly stone age when it comes to musky regs. in those states, for the every day shiner draggers out therre, it's all about the harvest.

same with kentucky. green river enjoys a yearly "fish stacking" at one end of the lake during the spawn. not pretty.

taking a few pages from Minnesota's and canada's books would be a start.

i wouldn't mind becoming a musky mecca AFTER they put in regulations. i'd hate to see people crossing over to this state just to harvest a "trophy" 40 incher.

there arent many muskies in this state worth fishing for anyways!