www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anything look good at the Chicago show?

Default Anything look good at the Chicago show?

I can't wait for fishing season. I'm looking forward to the MN show, it helps scratch the itch a little. What looked good in Chicago?

Summer - Mille Lacs; Winter - Clearwater, MN

I'm not the best person to ask. I barely got out of our booth during the whole show. I know MI has the new Pro-Dawg and a couple other new baits, but I wasn't exactly knocked over by any of their stuff. The Medusa is new and is different from anything out there and is creating quite a bit of buzz. I got a board from Brandyn Shepherd (form Muskylink fame) who was selling his boards at the Musky Armor booth. I got a bunch if cranks, including some really big stuff, from Talonz (made by Kingfisher), I can't wait to put them in the water, I can't wait to get some slime on the board either. There was a thread going over on MuskieFirst that had a long list of all the new items that would be available for the show, check that out for ideas.

Spanky Baits will be coming out with a new spinnerbait in time for the Milwaukee show. It has a super magnum willow leaf that is really different from any other blade out there. I got some prototypes at the end of October and liked them a lot. I'll be getting some more at the shows. Check them out.

I also forgot to post a link to Jeff Hanson's site. I got to know Jeff a bit better over the weekend and he's a great guy. He's extremely knowledgable and he was very patient, friendly, and helpful to all the people who had questions. I'd like to make a run over to the Madison area sometime before the MN season opens and fish with Jeff. I'm sure I'd pick up a trick or two and we'd likely put some fish in the boat too - Jeff puts up some huge numbers. If you're in the Madison area check him out.

http://www.madisonmuskyguide.com/

I know that's not a very good answer to the question but I didn't have much time to shop around. Just do what usually works for me - make one round and check out everything, decide what stuff you want and go back and get it, go to the ATM when your money runs out, then go get more!
    Enduro Guide Service
    Paul Schlagel

Web Site: http://www.enduroguideservice.com