www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: January 7th Report...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default January 7th Report...

Kenneth and I hit the ice this evening. Actually I was out before Kenneth trying for Whitefish for awhile (no luck). Then Kenneth came out about 3:30. Kenneth started out in 49 feet of water but moved shallower (32 feet) after awhile because he was catching nothing but little guys. We both ended up with two keepers each and several throwbacks. Kenneth caught his fish on #7 Purple Rapalas, Holographic Green/Rainbow Ice Darters, Holographic Purple Ice Darters, and Chartreuse/Orange Tiger Ice Darters. I was in 36 feet of water. I caught all my throwbacks on the Holographic Purple Ice Darters but then switched to a #7 Glow Green Tiger Rapala about 5:15 and ended up catching both keepers plus losing another about 23 inches on the Rap. I had a big school of nice fish below my hole for about 20 minutes. Everytime I would hook one, the others would follow it about half way up. It was a short and sweet bite (5:30-5:49), but alot of fun. I have not seen that many good sized fish on my graph at one time like that in years. The only way I could coax the fish into biting was to jig the lure just about as hard as I could! Anything less, and they would start to head for the bottom. My keepers were 19 1/2 and 21 inches. Kenneth's were 16-18 inches I'm guessing. For only being 20 inch fish, I could not believe how chunky my fish were. All in all, a pretty nice evening. It's always fun fishing with my brother. Especially when I catch the bigger fish!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ken 1.JPG 
Views:	541 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	3615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ken 2.JPG 
Views:	650 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	3616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ken 3.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	3617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin 1.JPG 
Views:	572 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	3618  
    Kevin Lee