www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: I love ice fishing

Smile I love ice fishing

Hey guys just wondering how the ice is up by Donners bay, with all the snow it can make it hard to get around. I plan on comming up there this weekend To try my luck. It is only one and half hours from my house. so if the fishing isn't good at least the beer should be cold. Well I hope everybody poles are bent, tip-up flags are flying and the heating bills don't get to high. I let you know how it went when I get back.

Default Ice is good again

Some warm temps actually melded everything together and the cold made it all ice again. The ice is thick but not the best quality. One spot you can hit it hard all the way through. The next spot your auger goes through like butter. Saw one car the other night driving around. We figured he was lost by the way they were acting after dark. I wouldn't take a vehicle out there yet. We measured about 13" of mixed ice.

Good luck

Default Good news

Sounds good I will bring the four-weeler up. Looks like there might be some late night entertainment with some water-head guy out there with his car. Thanks for the info.