www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 1st MUSKIE ICE FISHING

Default 1st MUSKIE ICE FISHING

I Know This Isn't On Any Lakes Up In The Great White North. But I Finally Caught My First Muskie. What A Surprise That Was. Never Thought My First One Was Gonna Be Ice Fishing. We Were Fishing With Tip-ups On Pewaukee Lake (waukesha County) In About 4 Feet Of Water When It Struck. What A Trip. I Just Thought I'd Share This Picture For Everyone. Finally I Got De-virginized With The Ways Of The Muskie. Hahaha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICE FISHING JAN-FEB 2009 002 SMALLER.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	3595  

Hey, congratulations!!! and thanks for posting the picture and story!!! You will never forget your first musky - I know I'll never forget mine. There is definitely something special about these fish that keeps us casting all those hours. Too many thoughts and emotions to describe when I think about fishing muskies!

Good luck! Now you've got to get one casting in '09!

Chas Martin
    Chas Martin
    Musky Mastery Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.muskymasteryguideservice.com

Default just a quick add

Thanks for the congrats. I've been trying to catch one for 16 years or so. I've had strikes and follows to the boat but thats it. I will never forget that one for sure.

Default More common than you'd think...

Congratulations on your first muskie! Many fish a lifetime without ever landing one of these great fish, more or less through the ice. I am an avid Musky-Hunter spring through fall, and I know how hard (and frustrating) it can be to pursue these fish. Although it is rare for muskies to be very active and feeding during the hardwater season, I have two friends who also caught their first muskies through the ice. One was by himself but was able to snap a few quick pics with his cell-phone before release and the other was fishing with me at the time. All we caught was his 25" muskie and an eelpout! lol. This was in february in about ten feet of water. This year, I was also lucky enough to land a 34" muskie through the ice. It was Dec. 6 and there was about 5" of ice and it struck my shiner in about 4 feet of water. Crazy things happen outdoors. Best of luck to all of you who are dedicated to the thrill!