www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Mendota report

Default Mendota report

Time for a real report--1st time out. Fished from 4-7:30. A bar in the middle of the lake. Don't worry about the ice, there's plenty of it. 6" minimum or 9" by shore. The good news is the action was hot. C&R a 27" northern before my chair was even warm. Got about 7 walleyes total BUT (bad news, if you can call it that) they were small. 6 were 12-15" and one was 18". Lots of fish in that smaller year class.

I was over 19ft of water. Had a tip-up in 14ft but most the action was deeper. Hardly anyone else out. Going again Saturday.

meddle

Default follow-up

went back saturday. same spot (some company this time), better results. the rain really got the fish going. caught 4 or so <16", a 17", and a chunky (and i mean chunky) 25". all are still swimming.

I forgot my camera but another guy with a disposable camera was there to take the picture!

8" ice.

Default Mendota

I was also out over a mid-lake bar on Saturday...the rain didn't seem to do much to the fishing for us but we actually got into some Walleyes while looking for Panfish!
    I Managed to catch 6 all day...2 on fatheads but 4 on a gold Fat Boy and a waxie!
    All 14"-16" but a Buddy lost a nicer one at the hole. Yes, lots of fish in that year class so hold onto your rods in 2 or 3 years! Fishing was tough...probably had 40 lookers all day despite throwing everything we had at them.
    All fish came in 16-20 FOW.
    Another buddy was just out today (Monday) at the same spot but only had 2 lookers.
    Ice is fine.
    Looking forward to chasing some Perch!