www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Favorable conditions over the Holiday

Default Favorable conditions over the Holiday

Looking like we are finally going to have some good fishing weather later in the week. River levels are beginning to fall but with the rain/snow melt starting tomorrow, we should see some color in the river.

Our Christmas break starts tomorrow and runs until Jan. 4th. I will get on the board as much as possible during the Holiday.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

We picked up a skinny 38" on the 23rd.
    Fishing was tough, air temps were just too cold. Everything was freezing up on us, but we weren't on the couch thinking about it!!!

I figured it was a 34-35" fish, I was so surprised when we measured it and it went 38", really surprising the river fish are always so thick and heavy.

Our family celebrates our Christmas on Eve so Christmas day is open for me to do whatever. Nice too because there wasn't another fishermen anywhere on the river. Went out at 7:30 until 11am. Pretty brisk wind and about 10 wind chill factor. Water was very murky and i could see the bait for about 6 to 8" in the water. Had only 2 bites in that time but was reeling in very very slowly, lifting and dropping the bait at 1 ft intervals. Mind you i am fishing from shore. Had a bump and then SLAM with an easy hook up and a 27" walleye around 8 lbs. Very nice Christmas present for me. My son-in-law brought me an old 35 HP Evinrude, and i mean old but it has been gone through and is in working order. I'll try and find a 16 footer when tax time comes to go with it :-) Merry Christmas to all and your families.