www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone brave the elements???

Default Anyone brave the elements???

Did anyone attempt to fish over the calm, warm weekend??? Results???
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Fished for about 2 hours after work Friday getting one small Pike around 27", Fished Saturday mid-day for about 3 hours having one follow from a muskie about 35". Then fished Sunday from 8-12. Caught a 36" muskie at 9:00 and a 39" at 9:25 both on bulldawgs. Didn't see a thing after that. Pretty windy on Sunday with a lot of floating debris around Franklin. Also had half of a yellow fiberglass boat float past me with one seat in it

Reed

Reed,

I would love to get back in those 2 big holes North of Wiegel's sometime this winter. I would think there would be some big fish (muskies and walleye) hanging there. Does anyone ever pull big fish out of there???
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

I've never heard of any big musky but there are always walleye boats in there. The couple of guys I have talked to have caught a few around 28-30". The Oil City eddy has a lot of deep water from all the sand and gravel dredging. I have fished that quite a bit but never seeing a real big fish. There is a section that is close to a mile long with water right around 18-25ft deep. There is a musky mounted at a local sporting goods store that was found dead in that area measuring 50" but isn't real heavy, maybe 30lbs. The biggest musky I have caught in this area was 46" but I lost a fish last spring right around 50".

Reed

After standing outside all day saturday, it was worth it too, haven't fished since with these bitter below zero winds. Heading out tomorrow until 3 or 4 with the warm up. No word of any big hogs yet around here but i'll take those 18" to 20" over those any day. Just need more of them. The eyes have been VERY finicky lately !!

I ran from Wiegel's launch to the Oil City rapids in '07 and really liked that section of river. I wish I could have gotten North of the OC bridge but the water was too low. I also liked the stretch south of Franklin with all those deep cuts and large boulders scattered around. It did not appear to have too much boating pressure during that time.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress