Southern Wisconsin ice fishing is really heating up the past two weeks with decent ice forming on some lakes. One of the hottest Walleye bites I've seen in years is happening on Lake Koshkonong off the south side North of Charlies Bluff to Bingham's Pt. to the Rocks. Another area we hit that was producing was on the east side of the County Club Springs. The fish were hitting shinners and flathead minnows the best fished off tip-ups suspended near the bottom with many people taking limits of very nice fish. Lake Waubesa and Mud Lakes are both producing good numbers of panfish. The Bluegills are holding in or near weeds finding the weeds and you'll find fish! Small dark ice jigs fished with plastics have be producing the best for quality size use of wax worms produces more action and smaller fish. Lake Monona Bay/Triangle Area has producing many panfish although sorting out smaller fish is needed. Lake Delavan has been giving up panfish for those that are out fishing in the weeds. Again sorting is needed! I have been useing a spud bar testing the ice before I get out over deep water to insure that the ice is good!
Keep Safe and Warm!
Good Fishing Hope To See You Out On The Water!
Scott