www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: It is BIG walleye time.

Default It is BIG walleye time.

With the higher river water (and still rising), this is the time for a big fat 'eye for Christmas. Flooded areas adjacent to the main river channel, especially weedy areas will hold baitfish and everything else. Hopping jigs during the day or casting rattling stickbaits after dark will be worth it if you find the right areas.

I truly believe there is a new state record walleye to be had from the open water of the Allegheny River, nonetheless.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I will second that statement about the large walleyes. We spotlighted a walleye in August that was an absolute beast, I would like to see her full of eggs.

You are on the spotlight gig I see.........how long have you been doing it???

We had a 12-14 pounder follow us up last summer on a Swimmin' Joe and my client almost soiled himself.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

There are several nice eddies here when the water is up this high and definitely will be hitting them this weekend. At the least the skies are always there. One is skies and pike only and i think they scare everything else out of it as no one i know catches eyes in the one backwater of our ramp. Half of it is froze over though. This time of year i am targeting the eyes.