www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Late Dec Advise

Default Late Dec Advise

I was hoping to get some musky fishing in after Christmas. In years past I have been down in late Dec and have done fair to good. High air temps were generally upper 40s to mid 50s.Surface water temp around 50 depending on location on water. i just looked at extended weatrhwer forecast thru next ten days. highs 40s, lows mid 20s.

My question is will Lake freeze with no access by boat and will bite come to complete stop. i usually launch at marina but have launched ar Jackson creek as long as lake not low.

Any advise in regards to temps and lake conditions would be greatly appreciated. Its a 4.5 hour drive I've been skunked before if odds are decent I'll drive down, if it is a waste of time I'll stay home.

Thanx in advance

Keep Christ in Christmas,
    no limit

Haven't been out there in awhile! Been busy cutting firewood, making baits for the upcoming shows, and working on my seminars. I would think that the lake should be wide open though and with the warmer weather coming in the next day or two, it should be good to go this weekend. Can't say though what it will be like after Christmas though. Every year Scott Donovan pops a fattie in the beginning of January!!

The only bite that I have heard of lately is open water trolling. Last I heard there was some ice up on the Johnson Creek end, but the main lake is open.

Good luck and let us know how you do!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Chad,

I appreciate reply, if i come down it may be Sun or Mon. I'll continue to watch weather forecast.

no limit