When handling ANY fish in air temps below 20 degrees we must be very careful to ensure a healthy realease. The gills are especially susceptible to flash freezing in low air temps and the wind chills compound this problem. I have probably held some fish too long in very cold air temps when I was just starting to musky fish. In my opinion, you should take your quick photos first and then place the fish back in the net......then get your stick/tape/bump board ready, pull the fish out, get a quick measurement and get her back in the water ASAP.

Just because she moves her tail and swims away does not mean it was a good release. Delayed mortality happens more frequently than we think.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Always make sure you have a plan with your fishing partner in regards to falling overboard. Always know where your life jackets and throwables are. Carrying an anchor can really help in case you need to stop the boat (especially in high water) to take photos or allow someone to swim/drift back to the boat. If someone does fall overboard and you are lucky enough to get them back in the boat and the launch is far away, pull their clothes immediately and give them half of your clothing. A wet cell phone will not help........always place cell phones in dry storage somewhere in the boat so if an emergencey arises, you can make the proper calls on a phone THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.