www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing 12/16

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fishing 12/15

Went fishing after work for about the last 45 minutes of light and about 30 minutes into dark last night. On the third cast caught a 35.5" muskie, then 5 casts later caught a 38" muskie, then 5 casts later had something hit about half way in then about 7ft from me this musky grabbed the swamp donkee I was using and came out of the water and got off. I got a perfect look at the fish and it was a tiger muskie about 36". This is the first tiger I have ever encountered out of the river, but I saw a guy get one about 25 inches last spring. Red, I was just curious, do you see many tigers out of the river? If you do are they stocked or is there some natural reproduction taking place? After that I expected to get 2 or 3 more musky but instead I didn't see anything except a beaver that wasn't too happy that I was near his den. I was half afraid I was going to snag him after dark because he was swimming laps back and forth in front of me. Just wanted to say again how nice that 48.5" muskie was you guys caught on Saturday. I keep waiting to run into one of those down here.

Reed
    Last edited by R Findlan; 12-16-2008 at 11:31 AM.