www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The Chiggers Take It to the Next Level

Default The Chiggers Take It to the Next Level

When I got to the show last night I was excited to find a present from the Chiggers. The new cd has arrived and I couldn't be happier. I've got to tell you it strikes me that there is an increased level of "musical maturity" evident on this offering. The production quality is top notch and the songs and performances by the players and singers is equally impressive. Now don't get me wrong the boys have not abandoned their fun loving ways or quirky lyrics and characters but there is something here that will appeal to those who like their music with a touch of sophistication. Even the tunes that throw a nod to older styles like the "retro-country" title track "Bourbon Street" come off very fresh. Of course, listeners to the RFRG Show will enjoy the song "Last Train" , a little tune about a guy from Nashville taking a fishing trip to a mythical town called Eagle River in the far off land of Wisconsin. The album is also laced with some very impressive musicianship. I loved the instrumental tunes that really showcased the talents of a number of the Chiggers.

Great job guys. Anyone who is looking for a last minute Christmas gift should give this cd some consideration. It's not something you're going to find in your local Best Buy store next to the drivel from Brittany or rapper of the week it's way better than that. Thanks to Sid and the boys for getting my frozen toes tapping again!
    Last edited by Pete Stoltman; 12-15-2008 at 07:49 PM.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

HiHo Peter!

Glad ya got them, buddy!! Even more glad ya like it too! I actually do try to make each one sound better than the previous one, so I am glad to see your most kind review.. I hope no one gets hacked about the "liberties" we took with Last Train.. We wrote the lyrics to that one as we drove back to Nashville from our visit up there in July 07. The temp the day we left Nashville for that trip was predicted to hit 108 (it hit 110) and the thought of heading to the Northwoods was all the more appealing! I think we had the entire lyric written by the time we got to Madison on our way south - heading back into the heat..

Thank you again Pete! Merry Christmas to you ALL!! Ho Ho HO!!!