www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice Safety............again.

Default Ice Safety............again.

Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Good stuff Frank.Thanks for posting it again.As I said on another thread here,crazy ice year and this really resonates with me.Broke through again yesterday but right by shore in shallow water.

You should be looking at that float suit if you are going to keep doing stuff like that. Keep the dogs off!
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Yesterday wasn't a big deal and was predictable-a shoreline point with insulating deep snow.
    If I still snowmobiled,I'd have a flotation type suit for sure.
    Not getting above zero here for a few days,should = good ice.

Bet we've got ice now.Its 10AM and still minus 15.

Same here. Some of the shorelines bleeding from the weight of the drifted snow.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Can't say enough about it. Especially this time of year. Even starting to carry this device in the bombers and my sled. One never knows:

http://www.water-rescues.com/
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Frank,
    Great.I was going to order a couple,then saw the substantial discounts on multiple purchases.I would take two.Anyone else interested?Please post here if you are and sometime in the next few days we can figure out the mechanics of a bulk order.
    The last couple days have sure shown the need.
    Be safe out there.

Count me in for 2

Frank, these are what we use at the Fire Station. We've done a lot of training with these disc and they work well.

Todd
    Forciers Fishing Guide Service
    Todd Forcier

E-Mail forciermusky@gmail.com
    Web Site: https://forcierfishing.com

Hi Todd,good to hear.
    Thanks Al,lets try get a few more and get the price down more.

Gentleman, another saftey item that works well that we have been using for years. Find a short boat bumper like about a foot long, tie about 100 ft of floating ski rope to it, wrap it in a nice coil. I always have this in the back of my sleds along with my ice picks around my neck. It throws nice and stores pretty easy. On early ice you can tie it to the back of your sled and drag it. If your unfortunate enough to go in at least you won't need a diver to retrieve your sled. Your rescue disc look pretty nice and are a good idea. Great topic to discuss after a very tough weekend at the Angle.

Default res q disc

Dick, count me in. Let me know if I can help in any way.

I think these would make great prizes for my chapter events.

I'd buy at least 2 or 3 / max 5.

Cool Jono!Pick a number you want and we'll order when we get to a dozen.

Denny King (who's to lazy to post) is in for one.
    Ha...ha...ha
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

I will take one as well.

Brett

Great.
    The more the merrier!(and cheaper)
    Now we need to start thinking logistics.I suppose the discounts are based in part on reduced shipping/handling costs so they may not be willing to drop ship to each of us so...????
    Thoughts welcome.I was going to just charge them,then ship to each of you but out here,there is no nearby UPS,Fed X,Speedy,whatever so shipping isn't easy or cheap.Anyone have a UPS business account?I'll try get M Gawlik involved and see what he thinks or can do.
    Keep the orders coming!

Default shipping dept

we have a good sized shipping dept here so I could help with that part. We're fedex. It would be cheaper to ship to a commercial address than a residence but everything is possible and I'll bill you all on actual charges based on the address you give me.

I've got a paypal account so I could invoice that way or can send me the money via snail mail.

I would guess we'd want to get all the money up front for the purchase then bill again for shipping?

I'm in for 5.

Jono

Cool.Lets wait and get a few more involved and then fine tune it.

Default 10-4

10-4, standing by.....I'm going to ask around here to see if anyone else is interested. I want the $24 price! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Cool.Lets wait and get a few more involved and then fine tune it.
    Last edited by Jono; 03-25-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: add info

I'll take one; don't know who's in charge, maybe Dick P???

If the shipment came to work; I can reship via UPS business, we get a 25% discount from big brown which I'll pass on.

Let me know where to send the check to.
    Last edited by Illinois Dennis; 03-25-2009 at 08:35 PM.

OK Dennis,good!
    Lets get a few more onboard and then decide the details.The more,the cheaper!!!

Default Need Zip Code And Qty Of Resq Units For Shipping

Hey Dick, if you get the zip codes and if its residential of a business address and the quantity, I can figure what the shipping cost will be per person. You collect ONE check from them, place the order and you are done collecting money. Gotta love the business approach.

I'd prefer the ship to list in Excel, but I can work with any scribbles you can get to me Mr. P

Dennis,Excel sounds like an energy co to me but sure my wife knows what it is-its obviously beyond my pencil/roll of toilet paper SOP but I'll get it.Will wait awhile to get a few more 'on board'.(pun there?)

I'm up to 6 now. Just picked up another order and I have some emails out to other friends.

Sounds like Dennis wants to take care of the shipping but if something changes, my offer still stands. glad to help.

Jono

Jono, I don't know if "want to" is the best choice of words..... I'm volunteering. Northern IL is pretty central so should get a decent UPS rate and me and the secretary can ship 5000 pounds of catalogs in a day (when pressed) so I know we can handle the logistics and get em out in a day.

I sent e-mails to friends also, so no hurry on when to close the deal.

Sorry Dennis, a poor choice of words. Thanks for volunteering. Glad to help any way I can.

Jono

Dick,

I'll need one for Gary V. (and his daughter) for up here. Making two for up here.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Dick

I would like to get one. Let me know who to pay.

Ray Nowak

Thanks Ray.No rush but why don't all interested send me their names and shipping addresses including zip codes.Eventually I'll get the necessary info to Dennis who then can calculate the shipping.
    At some point everyone will be told exactly what they owe and can send their $$ in.Then we order and ship.
    My e-address: pearsondp@yahoo.com

Hey all,we are getting ready to order soon.We have 20 now and 4 more would be great in terms of the price reduction.Think about this,could save you-or a friend/family member.Consider joining us and ordering one.

Default gifts, prizes, etc.

Only four to go, sounds great Dick. Here is why I bought 6: one for me, one for a buddy who wants one, two as gifts, and two for our MI chapter as prizes.

Lots of other MI guys here, should be no problem to pick up the other four to use at chapter functions where merchandise is involved. Makes a unique practical gift. Now if there was a deal on mustang suits somewhere...I'd be in for that as well.

Thanks for coordinating this Dick. Much appreciated.
    Jon

Guys,
    Just ordered our throwing devices.Guy said they'd ship to Dennis tomorrow.
    Will be depositing your checks tomorrow.

As you requested. Now the problem becomes the throwing discs we forgot about last summer.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh