www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Penn International 975

Default Penn International 975

Kevin,

I saw that you're using the Penn International 975 reels. What do you think of them for throwing big blades? I just got my Pro Edge rod from Keith this fall, and now I want to get a good reel for the big blades. I have heard some good things from a few reliable sources, what do you think? Does it wear out your arm?

Thanks

They are awesome for throwing big blades. I have three that my clients use and much to my surprise we didn't go through a single one this year. They are the workhorses of reels.
    Kevin Cochran's Guide Service
    Kevin Cochran

Web Site: http://www.kevincochranguide.com

Nice, I think I'm going to get one for next year. Do you use the regular 975? I've seen the 965, 975, the 975CS and the 975LD.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your reels? I have seen the price ranged from 219.99-259.99 online. Just trying to find the best deal.

Thanks,

Marc

Hey Guys,
    I've got a Penn 975 reel that I used with and Edge rod last summer and
    for throwing Boo Bling and Cowgirls it was not a problem I would definetely
    pick one or two up.

this was my 4th season with Penn 975s...told Kevin to come over the Penn dark side years ago..and it sounds like he finally listened..they are good reels, not great, quality has gone down a touch with the outsourcing (china made) of the parts manufacturing....but overall good...I have 3, 2 on rods and 1 back up..the nice thing about them is, they come with a 1 yr warranty, if and when something breaks within the 1st year, send them in and they will warranty the work for another year..so it's more or less an endless warranty as I haven't had one make it a season ....my original of 4 yrs ago is still the most solid...

I bought mine off of eBay last winter and they have held up very well. Not sure if they are the old models or the new ones. I plan on buying two more this year.
    Kevin Cochran's Guide Service
    Kevin Cochran

Web Site: http://www.kevincochranguide.com