www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Super reels?

Default Super reels?

How did people get on with the trinidads and similar levelwind free reels this summer? I'm not seeing as many for sale as I expected, so perhaps they worked out better than I imagined.

I did not notice many around here. The only guy that I know that really liked his had switched to a smaller frame version, and was in love.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Thanks Frank.

Had an old time client who used one for DCG's and he was very happy with it.
    I casted it a few casts and it was nice. How the line stays level with out the level wind is sort of a mystery, but it seems to work well, very smooth casting and it semed to have lots of power.

Doug Johnson

Default Trinidad 12

I used the Trinidad 12 Reel last season and really liked it.This reel is light and is a real work horse.You have to make sure you aim your reel at your lure when retrieving and your line stays level on the spool.I have also heard this reel is only good for big blade bucktails.....NOT..... The Trinidad casted Jakes and Depthraiders a mile and reeled in easy and faster than anybody else.You can buy these on EBAY for around 250.00 Make sure you use larger diameter line 100lbs test and do not overfill. Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trinidad 12_1.JPG 
Views:	243 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	3504