Hi everyone, I have a few fishing updates for ya!
I’ve seen a few sleds and ATV’s out on area lakes, and even heard that some dumbass tried to drive his truck out on one of the lakes but ended up going through right there at the shore and was able to back out of the water. Sheesh! I’m sorry but I don’t think there is a fish out there that is worth me going through the ice for! For the most part many of the lakes have 5 inches and a few are even close to 10 or 11 inches of ice. Just a word of caution always, check the ice conditions before heading out there.
The perch and walleye fishing have been actually better than I’ve usually seen it in a while. Several of the guides have been getting limits with out much problem.
I guess with ice going on many of the lakes a week earlier that usual, it has really helped.

There are only a few lakes left that haven’t gone over yet like Black Oak and Thousand Island, but that’s to be expected. I’m sure it won’t be long now before the go over as well with the temps around 0 and only getting up into the teens during the day.

As far as bait goes, the guides are getting small and medium Golden Shiners for the walleye and pike. They have been taking Rosie Reds and Crappie Minnows along with Waxies, Mousies and Wigglers for the Gills, Crappie and Perch. For whatever reason the spikes aren’t catching much right now.

I hope some of that info will help ya have a great time while out ice fishing.
Hunter and I will look forward to seeing ya in the shop and also out on the ice.
Pete