www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Little Miami River Musky

Default Little Miami River Musky

Went fishing today and got a 30"er, but thats just the start of the story.
    Went to the LMR below the Dam to one of my winter Saugeye spots. took my musky fishing pole along as well as a couple baits. With not many places to cast a Musky bait I started fishing for saugeyes and caught a small one
    10" +- I was fishing with a 1/8 oz jig with a 2" twister tail. Felt a small bump and set the hook and felt the fish right off but it wasn't fighting very hard, at first. Then it must have figured out that it was hooked and started to pull and then jumped and thats the first I knew what I had. After about 4-5 minutes it started to come to me and I beached it on a shallow flat spot on the bank. Had nothing to measure it with so I held it against my rod and marked where it came to and took a pic with my cell phone . When I got back to my truck I pulled out my tape and measured the rod to my mark and 30 to 30 1/4 inches. It was easy to mark on my pole because it came from the end of the rod right to the first rod guide

Rather be lucky than good aplies here for sure 1/8 oz jig, 2" twister tail & old 6lb mono with no leader and still got a 30" musky. A great way to cap off my 2008 season, if I don't catch any more this year.
    Last edited by Mason; 12-09-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    Mason

Default cool

you beat us to the fish mason!! we were planning on going out there to but we had some other stuff going on but great job. theres just about one of every species in there. Good job

David and Arron