www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Waubesa Ice

Default Waubesa Ice

last night's cold snap froze the remainder of the lake--which was open up to yesterday. couple of guys are out in portables 100 yards out from the green lantern. sorry no report on the fishing but ice looks good to get on as long as you stay close to the shoreline. don't go anywhere farther than that if you value your life. we need some below zero nights to finish the job

meddle

Default Waubesa Ice

Has anyone tested the ice since the big snow? I'm hoping to get out on Waubesa tomorrow, but really don't like to swim this time of year.

Captain Ron,

There hasn't been anyone out since my first report--at least on the north end of the lake, until this morning. Some guy was nearly a 1/3 mile out, again off the green lantern. This isn't the report you're looking for as i don't have a thickness but some info anyway.

I think by this weekend you should have some company out there, it was plenty cold last night.

meddle

Don't want to sound like a know it all (mainly cause I don't ;-) but don't forget about the insulation qualities of snow. I have no idea how much snow is on the lakes but IT WILL slow down ice production.Take a spud bar along for a while yet. Better safe than wet I always say.

Default panfish is good

went to waubesa saturday the ice is good and the panfish is biting good.

good luck and happy holidays!

Is there any ice left after the rain and warm yesterday? If its anything like it was down here in Milwaukee, i doubt there is much.