Well, I spent a few hours hittin up the trout over the last week to see how they've been doing since Musky took over my life. Now, its been quite a while since I really fished for them once there was snow on the ground, especially since I do not own neoprene waders any longer. However, I decided to double up on the pants and socks and give it a try.

All I have to say is WOW!!! I cannot believe the action in this cooler water. In just a couple hours of fishing today, I got some serious action. I spent my time nymphing, but also saw quite a few fish sipping on the surface. And, most of the fish that I landed were 14+ with one being around 18 and beautiful!!! This was all from two small riffles and I lost a few more nice fish.

I didn't have my thermometer with me today but I am guessing the water to be about 38-40. Any other trout guys out there that fish through the Winter?? Is this action possible through Spring or did I just happen to hit it right with this warmer day??

Musky will rule my life for the foreseeable future, but I will definitely keep taking trout "vacations" here and there!! LOL

Jay