www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone having any luck in the woods??

Default Anyone having any luck in the woods??

Any buck stories from anyone yet???
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Got a bear in Forest County on the first day of bear season. Attached is a pic of my dad and I .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	161123261406_0_BG.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	3345  

Congrats on the bear. Were you guys driving or still hunting???
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

My brother also got a bear in Forest county opening day. Polland Hill area. It weighed 178. I got a buck the last week of archery in Allegheny County. I will post pictures later. Good luck to everyone. Congrats to all the successful bear hunters.

My brother, Dad and I hunt a very remote section of the ANF and hike back in with climbing tree stands. We sit all day long and hope they get pushed into our area. That is our 5th bear in the past 7 years from that area.

Red, first thanks for a great two days fishing, its always a pleasure to be on the river and guided by you, I learn alot each and every time I have been out with you ! Wendy and I are now looking forward to the next time out with you.

As for Deer, I don't hunt anymore, however I have been watching a really nice eight pointer who lays in the sun in a thicket with a doe. I have seen him the last two days and am sure he moves only at dark and returns to this remote spot, he stood up once when I made more movement than he liked, I backed out and from a distance noticed he again layed back down. I wonder if he realizes I am no longer a threat to him since I don't hunt anymore ?

Bob S.

Thanks, Bob. Both you and Wendy deserve a big fish, if deserving counts for anything. lol

Someday it will happen, whether with me or on your own. We made no mistakes, the fish were just not moving and the one that did rip your bait while trolling.......there was nothing else we could have done.

See ya in Dillsburg.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress