www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: What does a 57 x 33 weigh?

Default What does a 57 x 33 weigh?

There's a "buzz" in the Musky world about the St. Lawrence 57 x 33 fish recently caught and released by Dale MacNair. Here are the three commonly used formulas, so we have the correct perspective on the fish:

Formula #1 (L x G x G) / 800
    Answer: 77.6

Formula #2 (L x G x G) / 754.5 (MHM formula)
    Answer: 82.3

Formula #3 ((L x G) / 25) - 10
    Answer: 65.2

Yikes! Holy Moly!
    --Frazier

The first thing you have to ask yourself is if the fish was measured on a bump board or with a measuring stick. A bump board is accurate where the measuring stick or cloth tape will give or take away several inches. I'm not saying he is lying, just not accurate if he didn't use a bump board. Who knows maybe it was bigger than he said. The second thing you have to take into consideration is that the girth is going to be inflated because it always is larger in the boat than at the taxidermist. There are several reasons for that including depth the fish was caught, excitement, darkness, and some I didn't think of.

That being said,the fish looks huge either anyway. Who knows what formula is the most accurate but I'd say the fish is over fifty pounds for sure. If everything is accurate probably closer to sixty pounds. No clue. Bigger than anything I've caught.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Here are some pics: